University of Mysore Diffrent Courses
I. At Manasagangotri, Mysore:
1.M.A. : Ancient History & Archaeology, Anthropology, Christianity, Communication & Journalism, Co-operative Management, Economics, English, Folklore, Hindi, History, Jainology & Prakrit, Kannada, Linguistics, Middle Eastern Studies, Philosophy, Political Science, Sanskrit, Sociology, South Indian Studies, Urdu, Women’s studies.
2. M.Sc. : Anthropology, Applied Geology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Food Science & Nutrition, Geography, Geology, Human Development, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, Psychology, Sericulture and Seri Biotechnology, Statistics, Zoology.
3. L.L.M., M.B.A., M.C.A. (six semesters), M.Com., M.Ed., M.B.A. (Agri-Business), M.L.I.Sc. (Master of Library & Information Science), M.Music, M.S. (Integrated) in Computer Science and Technology (six semesters with an optional exit at the end of fourth semester for M.Sc. Computer Science), M.S.W., M.Tech. in Computer Science and Technology, M.Tech. in Computer Cognition Technology, M.U.R.P. (M.Tech. in Urban and Regional Planning).
II.At Department of Studies in Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Sports Pavilion, Mysore 570005:
III. At Sir M. V. Postgraduate Center, Mandya :
1 M.A. : Economics, English, Kannada.
2 M.Sc. : Polymer Science, Sugar Technology.
IV. At Postgraduate Center, Hemagangotri, Hassan :
1 M.A. : English, Kannada
2 M.Sc. : Bioscience, Electronics
(B) Courses offered under Scheme ‘A’ ONLYI.At Manasagangotri, Mysore -570006
1) M.Phil.: Ambedkar Studies, Chemistry, Christianity, Learning Disabilities, Mathematics, Seed Technology, Statistics, Translation, Urdu.
2) Post – M.A. Diploma : Manuscriptology
3) Post – M.Sc. Diploma : Hydrogeology
4) Postgraduate Diploma: Agricultural Marketing Management, Ambedkar Studies-Add on Course, English, Epigraphy, Folklore, Indian Literature, Jainology, Linguistics, Prakrit, Prayojanmulak Hindi, Rural Development, Translation, Vivekananda Studies, Women’s Studies
5) Undergraduate Diploma: Gandhian Studies, Kannada.
6) Junior/Senior Diploma: French, Film Direction, German, Russian.
7) Certificate Course: French, Functional Hindi, German, Kannada, Prakrit, Russian, Urdu. Dr. B. R. Ambedkar and Human Rights.
II At Maharaja’s College, Mysore
1)M.Sc. in Geographical Information System (GIS) (UGC Innovative Programme)
C) Courses offered under Fully Self-Finance scheme ONLYI At Manasagangotri, Mysore-570 006.
1)M.A.: Comparative Literature and Translation, Development Studies (4 Semesters), Economics (five year integrated), Public Administration, Women’s Studies.
2)M.Sc.: Chemistry, Earth Science & Resource Management, Genetics, Electronic Media (All India selection), Organic Chemistry.
3) M.Phil.: Ancient History and Archaeology, Botany, Commerce, Economics, English, Environmental Science, Geography, Hindi, History, Kannada, Law, Library & Information Science, Middle Eastern Studies, Political Science, Sanskrit, Sociology, Zoology.
4) M.F.A.M. (Master of Financial Analysis and Management) M.B.I.Tech. (Master of Business Information Technology), B.A.L.L.B. (five year integrated), M.Tech.: Information Systems and Management (see note below)
5)Diploma: Applied Sociology, Arabic and Persian, Cooperative Management, Decentralizaion of Planning and Panchayat Raj Institution, Human Development, Industrial Relations, Rural Reconstruction and Development
6)M.Dance at Universtiy College of Fine Arts for Women, Manasagangotri, Mysore-570006.
7)Postgraduate Diploma: Electronic Media, Gemmology and Ornamental stones, Human Rights and Duties Education, Heritage Tourism and Travel Management, Human Resource Management (evening programme), Intellectual Property Rights and Information Technology Law, Marketing Management (evening programme), Retail and Supply Chain Management (evening programme), Museology, Tourism and Heritage, Video Production (two semesters).
8)Professional Diploma :Tax Management (evening programme), Tourism Management (evening programme).
9)Certificate: Dr. B.R. Ambedkar and Human Rights, Arabic, Persian.
II) At Maharaja’s College, Mysore :
1) M.Sc. : Criminology and Forensic Science
2) M.Phil.: Correctional Administration and Forensic Science
III) At Sir M. V. Postgraduate Center, Mandya :
1). M.Phil : Kannada, Economics
IV) At Postgraduate Center, Hemagangotri, Hassan :
1) M.Phil : Kannada
Note: Admissions to M.Tech. in Information Systems and Management is done at International School for Information Management (ISIM), Manasagangotri, Mysore-570006. For applications and other details, contact ISIM. (08212514699)
D) Courses for which admission are done through the Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by the Vishveshwaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum.1) M.B.A., M.C.A., M.Tech. in Computer Science and Technology, M.Tech. in Computer Cognition Technology.
E) New courses introduced from the year 2009-10 under Fully Self Finance Scheme(i) M.Phil. in Ancient History & Archaeology
(ii) M.Phil. in Kannada at Kuvempu Institute of Kannada Studies—MGM.
(iii) M.Phil. in Kannada at P.G. Centre, Mandya.
(iV) M.Phil. in Kannada at P.G. Centre, Hassan.
(V) M.Phil. in Sociology at DOS in Sociology, MGM.
(VI) Diploma in Applied Sociology— at DOS in Sociology, MGM. (1 year course)
(VII)M.Phil. in Law at DOS in Law, MGM.
(VIII) P.G. Diploma in Museology, Tourism & Heritage at DOS in Ancient History & Archaeology, MGM.
(IX) M.Phil. in Environmental Science, at DOS in Environmental Science, MGM.
(X) M.Phil in Economics at P.G. Centre, Mandya
(F) List of courses conducted by CIST at Manasagangotri, Mysore-570 006(1) Postgraguate Diploma : Bio-Informatics, Software Development, E-Commerce, Geo-Informatics, Multimedia Technology.
(2) Diploma : Multimedia Production.
(3) Advanced Diploma : Information Technology.
Note : Details regarding admissions to courses in CIST can be obtained from: The Director, CIST, Senate Bhavan, Manasagangotri, Mysore-570006 (08212419360)